I was on the KSL classifieds last week looking for a fish tank. We drained our pond back on Memorial Day because it was nasty and we thought all the fish were dead...but it turns out one survived the winter, so I scooped him into a jar and brought him inside with the intent of buying a fish tank once we were done working outside. Not 2 hours later, I went to check on him and he was laying, mostly dead, on the bottom of the jar. How can you survive a whole winter in a pond with black water and die within the first few hours we bring you inside because you don't like living in a jar!?

So I quickly moved him into a bucket in the backyard, and he has lived contentedly in that bucket ever since. I was hoping to bring him inside and have a kitty-proof home for him, hence, the KSL classifieds. But he still lives in the bucket because I got distracted.
While I was perusing the other pet ads, I came across a free guinea pig! I still don't have a fish tank, but I have Annie the Guinea Pig! 
She is fun to have around. I like to cuddle her but it makes Jemma a little jealous. Her favorite thing to do is eat carrots and she squeals like crazy every time she hears the bag rustling!
1 comment:
How fun! I love pets. I had a few pet rats back in the day and loved to cuddle with them. YIKES!
Post a Comment