Monday, January 11, 2010

I would like to be a stay-at-home-mom, but...

I really like my new job! I was offered a position with Wells Fargo Investments last month, assisting 2 of the Financial Advisors in the Wealth Management division. My last day at E*TRADE was 12.17.09, and I started my new job on 12.28.09 after returning from our Christmas trip to Kent. It is a WAAAAAY better fit for me than my last job. Examples:

Before

34.5 mile commute
Away from home (and Brady) 10:15 am - 9:00 pm
Personal email and Facebook blocked...annoying
Scheduled breaks and lunch time, otherwise "out of adherence" if they are too long or at the wrong time
High stress environment
Talking to angry customers and getting yelled at all day


Now

34.5 second commute.
Away from Brady 8:00 am - noon and 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm (that's almost 3 more hours with my baby every day)
Personal email and Facebook okay to access
Breaks whenever I need them and for as long as I need, and, "Nadine, if you feel like taking an hour and 20 minutes for lunch, that's okay. I know you'll get your work done."
Laid-back environment
Rarely talking to customers, never getting yelled at

Plus perks like business lunches at P.F Changs, Tucanos, and Happy Sumo don't hurt either...

And it sure makes me appreciate the time I do get to spend with my sweet, sweet baby. Especially that precious lunch hour. We have a really great babysitter too. She is a friend in our ward, and she has a baby just 3 months older than Brady.

I never thought I would work after I had a baby, and I REALLY never thought I would like working after having a baby. But right now we are able to re-fuel our savings account, Scott is back in school and taking a full load of classes, we will be able to do some home improvement projects, and best of all, we are happy!

3 comments:

Kira: said...

That is so great. I wish I had liked my job after Melody was born- but my job was like your first one.

glad things are going so well! Love you guys!

Annie said...

Yea!

Jacob and Kalli Hiller said...

Sounds like a great fit! Good for you!