Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Sad Goodbye

Rachel and her family are moving! They leave for good tomorrow morning and I am SOOOO sad. Dan and I work for the same company and it was always fun to have him around when we worked in the same office (thanks for recruiting me, Dan - it has been a great job for me). A few weeks ago though, he got offered a GREAT position in Portland and it is an exciting thing for their family. Rachel has been positively GLOWING ever since they made the decision to accept the position and move.

But it is still sad for me. I have loved having my niece and nephews closeby. They were a HUGE selling point for me when I was trying to decide whether to move back to Washington or stay in Utah upon graduating from BYU. And they won. I used to babysit them once a week back when I was single and just working. Scott and I have enjoyed being able to do nice things for them like let them borrow our trucks for backyard projects and watch the kids every once in awhile (not entirely so that we could watch movies in their theater after the kids went to bed). :) I have so many happy memories and am just a little heartbroken that they are gone.

We will probably end up back in the Northwest eventually. I cried when I realized that I am now the only Smith kid living in Utah (Rachel and Dan looking for a permanent place in or near Portland while their house sells, Miriam just finishing up at WSU and she and Garrett are planning to move back to western WA a few months after, Danny on his mission in CA, and Hannah still at home). Here is a little tribute to the good times we have had, Morrills!

Dinner at Chili's when Danny came to Utah to go into the MTC (note Ryan photographing the photographer)
Katy was such a good little flower girl at my wedding
I can't remember who we were imitating here, but you guys sure look happy about being all dressed up on a Friday afternoon
We sure wore the boys out - this picture was taken after the reception in our backyard
What are you eating, David?
We took the boys to Chuck E Cheese's so you could go to Dan's mission reunion. Look at all the tickets we won! We had so much fun seeing the boys so happy.
Ultimate Cute
Little Ryan and Marzipan, just lounging on a summer afternoon
Car ride
And of course, Katy enjoying the $1 I gave her for her first birthday

I can't find any pictures for these days, but we had a good long Sunday afternoon together with the boys the day Katy was born. And I was glad we were closeby the day Katy had to go to the hospital so that you could focus on just Katy and not have to worry about what your boys were getting into or what they were going to eat. Edgar is going to miss Katy's hugs and playing with the boys (finally some people that have as much energy as he does!) Thanks for coming over for dinner tonight and sharing your last evening with us. And thanks for providing all the food, Mom! We love you all!

1 comment:

Emily said...

So sad. I am sorry that they have to move far away. It is so wonderful to have family close. I am sure that you will keep in touch, but I understand your pain.