I got to participate in my stake's Christmas Fireside this past Sunday in the Provo Tabernacle. The stake choir rehearsals had some ups and downs (there were SO many "directors" in that choir!), but the performance went very well. Some of our numbers were performed with a stake orchestra, including Mack
Wilberg's "Angels We Have Heard on High" that the Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square perform in the DVD "Joy to the World." I love the arrangement. And I also had the
privilege of accompanying Brent & Kelsey Rogers in "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" on the piano, which was absolutely beautiful. They are dear, dear friends of mine, but they are both so talented that sometimes I feel like a fan instead of a friend! You should hear them sing, especially together!
It's kind of funny, too - Kelsey is one of my dearest friends, she is in my ward, and she and her husband are both in
BYU Singers. And one of my mom's dearest friends, Krista Lee, is in her ward and was also in
BYU Singers with her husband when they were at
BYU too. Kelsey and Krista Lee are both very sweet, loving people too, and their husbands very spiritual, righteous men. No wonder we love our friends - and kind of a funny and cute parallel.
Here I am with the Rogers after the Fireside
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great time. What a fun experience. I love Krista Lee...she is an amazing person...such an inspiration to us all.
Post a Comment