Monday, December 29, 2008

The Right Place at the Right Time?

I was trying to be responsible on Sunday and find out what place/time ward choir would be next year so I could put it in the bulletin. I went to the lady I thought was in charge of choir, but she said she didn't think she was in charge and I should go talk to the bishop.

So I said "Bishop, I am trying to figure out where and when choir will be held next year so I can put it in the bulletin. Who is in charge of ward choir?"

"Ummmm....do you want to be?"

silence...thinking...could that have possibly been inspired?

"Um, sure."

Does anybody know who you are supposed to talk to about getting music? Is there someone in the ward that has it, or is it a stake level? And how do I schedule a time and place for choir? All the bishop told me was that the chapel probably wouldn't work. And the damper pedal on the piano in the Relief Society Room is broken and therefore annoying to play. Our ward is moving to 9am and there are other wards meeting at 11am and 1pm. Help!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow. Good luck. That is a great calling, but can be a lot of work. I know that in our stake we have a music chair that holds the key to the "music closet". You can check out music there, or most wards have a small budget to purchase music. Good luck!

BTW: Sorry we never made it over the other day...I have been sick...and busy too. Sorry.