Tuesday, March 24, 2009

EVERYTHING it is cracked up to be

One of my books refers to the second trimester to as "the golden period of pregnancy", and I believe it! I have grown used to waking up during the night every night, and have learned to enjoy some things about it. (Thank you for the feedback by the way, for those of you who commented or called. It is nice to feel supported in hard times). The nausea is completely gone, and some days I swear I feel better than I did before I was pregnant. It's nice to have the first trimester behind me! Not only do I feel more physically healthy, but I feel less crazy/worrisome than I did when I was first pregnant too (which is nice for me, and maybe even more so for Scott)! I had heard that this time of the pregnancy was supposed to be wonderful, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too much in case my pregnancy was one of the few that never gets easy...I don't envy those women at all. But I have been pleasantly surprised. I have plenty of energy for yoga and going on walks, a ravenous appetite that allows me to enjoy all KINDS of great food, a husband who takes such good care of me, and today the doctor told me that the growth is right on schedule and the heartbeat still sounds good and healthy. What more could a mommy-to-be ask for?

On another note...we scheduled our ultra sound today! I wasn't antsy about seeing my baby and finding out the gender until now, in fact I think I was rather patient compared to some of the ladies on the forum I follow. Now that we have it on the calendar though, I no longer think I will be able to accomplish anything requiring much mental capacity until after April 16th. Even then, the jury is still out...

And I created my very first poll so you can vote for the gender you think it will be! :-)

7 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better. Try to enjoy this stage...because it does get hard again...just in a different way...but it is great too (huge prego is totally cute). I can't wait to find out what you are having...post as soon as you know...okay.

Da Denninghoff's said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! Thats really exciting:)

Tamara and Alex said...

I say good job to you for staying patient and positive. Tam and I are so happy for you guys. We're not getting any vibes so we guess boy.

Kempton said...

Nadine! Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm so excited for you...you're going to be a great mommy. You look super cute prego, by the way. :)

Kempton said...

Crap...the above comment was Jenny by the way. SORRY. I didn't know I was signed into his account!

Annie said...

When I asked Dave "boy or girl?" he said pheasant...unfortunately that was not an option on your survey...:)

Nadine said...

Haha. That reminds me of the Pink Panther. Do you know if the killer is a man or a woman? Well of course I do! What else is there, a KITTEN?!