Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lactation Consultation

Brady and I went into the lactation clinic in Orem today because nursing him was getting more and more painful. I'm SO GLAD we went! I thought we had this wonderful latch, but it turns out a few tiny adjustments made a huge difference. Plus, I found out I have cracking due to thrush, so by treating that along with improving the latch we should have this nursing thing figured out in no time. No more crying through feedings - mommy or baby! He has been like this after every feeding since then:

Super calm, content, and sleepy. He weighed in at 8 lb 11 oz - almost a whole pound more than his birth weight and he's not even 2 weeks old yet! And no, his feet do not reach the feet in his jammies. :)

3 comments:

miriam said...

he is so precious. :o)

Kira: said...

Wow, so big already! Melody and I love looking at the pictures. Glad you got the help with nursing. It makes an amazing difference.

Da Denninghoff's said...

Congratulations on your new addition. Good for you for not giving up and hanging in there with the nursing:)