Thursday, September 10, 2009

No baby yet...

We went to the hospital last night after having contractions for about 15 hours. At that point they were 4 minutes apart, lasted a minute each, and were getting to the intensity level where I couldn't walk or talk through them. Doesn't that sound like the right time to go to the hospital? I was still at a 2 even after contracting all day.
They let me labor for an hour and a half but there was still no change, then had me walk around the hospital for an hour, and you guessed it. My cervix didn't change at all. So they called my doctor who said to have me go home and rest (I didn't eat or sleep much yesterday with the excitement and nausea of early labor). They gave me morphine to deal with the pain of the contractions which knocked me right out once I got home. I slept like a rock for 10+ hours, and woke up with NO contractions this morning. I can't help but wonder if the contractions stopped as a result of the morphine shot, but at least I was able to get some relief from the pain and some rest.
I'm scheduled to be induced tomorrow if he doesn't come on his own, which I'm a little nervous about because I hear labor hurts worse on Pitocin. I guess we'll just have to see if the contractions start up again today, but at least I know I will get to hold my baby soon either way!

2 comments:

Susie said...

Hang in there Nadine!!! He will come soon enough. Good luck, we will be praying for you.
Uncle McKay and Aunt Susie

miriam said...

where did scott's hair go?