Brady's pacifier got a small tear at the base (I'm not actually sure how long it's been there), and I decided it was the perfect opportunity to give up the fi altogether. He woke us up 3 times last night because he couldn't find his fi and needed us to get out of bed and find it for him, he has raw skin around his mouth that the pacifier probably contributes to, and he's almost 2 and a half. Plenty old IMHO. So I took it away today cold turkey. Maybe I'm a mean mom, but I don't want to spend any more nights awake looking for the fi. When he asked for it throughout the day I told him "sorry, it's broken. And you're such a big boy! You're doing great without your fi!"
Naptime didn't go so well...he never actually went to sleep. He spent the whole time destroying his room, and he also took off his pants and socks. Fortunately he was in a onesie-style shirt today so he couldn't take his diaper off (a common occurence as of late). After 3 hours, I realized he wasn't going to fall asleep so I released him from his bedroom and it looked like this:
WELL...he went to sleep quickly and easily tonight just before his normal bedtime and is still peacefully, fi-lessly sleeping. Hopefully the trauma passes soon, and we can all get some good sleep!

2 comments:
I decided Sidney can have her bink until she's 18 if she wants.... not really. I'm just really dreading getting rid of it. I feel like I need to do it sooner than later so that when a little sister comes around, she isn't still in withdrawal and try to steal one from the baby.
We weaned Melody from "awake-time" use around 12 months, and took it away entirely at 18 months. Bedtime actually was fine because it was dark and she was tired- but we had about a week of rough naps. After that she was totally fine. We'll see how it goes with Ainsley- she's less attached to her binky, but is generally a far worse sleeper than Melody!
Post a Comment