

My poor, petite little kitty is SOOOO pregnant. Every time she sees me, she looks at me with these tired little blue eyes that beg me to pick her up and cuddle her. And as soon as I do, she snuggles right into me and purrs the whole time. It is really sweet. And judging by her extreme discomfort and how long it has been since she was in heat, I believe she is past due.
We are cautiously excited about the birth of the babies. Jemma had a litter before, but it was so sad that I couldn't bring myself to blog about it. She had 2 little premies that she didn't take care of properly and that wouldn't nurse despite our efforts to help mom and babies learn how. Both died within about 36 hours. 5 days later had a stillborn that she cleaned and cared for EXACTLY how she is supposed to. It was so sad and she was depressed for weeks. I am hoping, for both our sakes, that this litter turns out with a happier ending!
Pardon the nasty umbilical cord - here is one of the first 2 that were born in the last litter, to give you an idea of how tiny they were.

No comments:
Post a Comment