Saturday, September 27, 2008

I JUST FINISHED CLEANING THAT!

This morning I spent a VERY long time cleaning up after out cats. We put all the cats outside so we could empty/wash/disinfect our litter boxes and sweep/vacuum around them. Our cats love to get litter everywhere. After getting rid of the old litter and washing out the boxes (not a small feat), I painstakingly vacuumed around the little box on the downstairs landing, and all the stairs above and below it (also not a small feat). I even used the hand tool to make sure the edges were immaculate. We filled the box with lovely, fresh-smelling new litter and put it downstairs. There was not a particle out of place. I was on my way to finish sweeping around the upstairs litter box, and...


Then we let the cats back inside.

Not 5 minutes later, Edgar decided it was a sandbox. He threw himself into the clean litter box and started flailing around on his back, and scratching with his paws as FRANTICALLY as possible. This is what it looks like now...

While I have been blogging, he did the same thing to the upstairs litter box. He's lucky that he is Scott's "buddy." I guess I'll go start my chores over again. :(

1 comment:

Emily said...

It looks like you are ready for a two-year-old...that is my life right now. Just think of this as really good training for kids...expect that the mess will be ten times bigger and everyday, all-day long.